Vanilla Arts - Gray Matter



What do you do on a rainy Sunday when you have classes to design, deadlines and so many things on your to-do list? 
Kick it, and Color Cherries with Amy Shulke at Vanillaarts@teahable.com. Yup, I did exactly what she said....go by what I see and use the colors I want. So, did mine turn out like hers....nope, nada, not at all. But that's cool, right Amy?
Gray Matters

I will be honest and admit at first I hesitated to take this class.  I thought to myself, self, these are cherries and I've colored cherries before.  But was I wrong!  I've always liked combining my Copics and Colored Pencils but after a couple of classes with Amy, I am addicted.  There are things you can do by adding you colored pencils you would never accomplish with your Copic Markers.  Or you could but it would take you hours and so many colors. 

Ok, I admit this took me a couple of hours but I was playing around with the pencils.  I was getting the feel and the blending just right.  I was studying the picture and my work while watching Amy work.  

Once again, being the student vs. the teacher is so awesome!  And therapeutic for me.  I don't even care if they are perfect.  I see my flaws and yes red is hard to work with, even in pencils.  But I learned several things and that is what is important!



Comments