Welcome back to Passionate Paper Creations with Rhea Weigand, here to bring you Monday Inspiration!!
Today I am using Heaven and Nature Stamp Set.
You can find all of Power Poppy Clear Stamps Here just in case you want to try this on some of the NEW CLEAR STAMPS JUST RELEASED!
There are a few techniques I used in this design.
- Monochromatic with a color pop - With this being a Christmas design I used the E80's. This color set has a nice green hue to them. The forward pieces are lighter and are accented with Karina Wink white. The pieces in back were colored with the darker colors. This gives the overall appearance of depth. The Color Pop is the stamped sentiment in Red.
- No line coloring - I used Memento Desert Sand being that I was coloring with the E's. Keep in mind with out the black lines your overall color can look a little different because you loose the details of the stamped image.
- Using an Embossing Folder over the colored image that matches the background - once i was done and I knew the Copics were dry I had a thought to run this through my machine with a dot embossing folder....what's the worse that could happen? I had to start over? As it turned out I thought it was awesome! So I did a piece in the background to match :) I don't usually have a plan for a design it just all comes together in the end.
- Using the matching dies to create a frame for the original die cut. - It looked a little plain and I wanted to really have the "Color Pop of Red" So I took the original size die and the next size die. Perfectly nested them, taped them together so they wouldn't move and created a frame with red card stock. Once it was attached with a thin layer of glue I then used glossy accents to frame the inside with beaded chain for further effect.
- Using a drop of matching Stickles and covering with Faber-Castels Texture Gems (a thick totally clear drying that creates a dome) Which magnifies the little bit of glitter at the bottom. I did this on all the berries and the inside of the flowers.
Now, here are the few colors I used.
Thanks so much for visiting today!