Flower Jar - Mo Manning


Good Morning y'all!  Today's inspiration is for Mo's Digital Pencil.  It's full of color and blooms and it is called Flower Jar.  I believe this is Mo's first floral she's drawn.  I sure hope there are more!  You know me and flowers.

 In this design I wanted the background to look like a painting.  Before coloring I used several colors (listed in the color palette) and randomly smushed them here and there around the flowers.  I blended them with Bg 10.  Finally I took a piece of cloth and 99% Alcohol to add the texture you see.  Then bravely I free handed with my air brushing with a few of the colors.  I took my wide marker colorless blender and went over the entire background to blend all the colors.  Let it dry for a while and proceeded to color the image.  I was very pleased in how it turned out.

When I colored the flowers I used a smushing approach vs basic blending.  I wanted them to not be so perfect to fall into the background.










Comments

CherylQuilts said…
Wow, Rhea, this is gorgeous, and I love it too! And, yes, I hope Mo does more flowers!! Stunning background and color palette! Hugs!
Jackie Scott said…
So many wonderful colors in the flowers, and they do stand out against your beautiful background! Your coloring and Mo's flowers - Gorgeous!
Davi said…
The image is really beautiful but its your stunning coloring that brings it to life!!
Jacki Daniels said…
Pleased with it you should be over the moon it's stunning and yes it does look like a painting and it sounds as though you had a lot of fun creating it too love it
Jacki