Happy Birthday Mom

Happy Birthday Mommy!!!
Thank you for being such a wonderful Mother and Friend.
I love you.

It's so great having a crafty mom who appreciates and supports what I do.  It's great having a mom who listens to me bounce ideas.  It's great having a mom that doesn't hesitate to jump in and help me move.  It's great having a mom that will sit quietly with me and just create and play.  It's AWESOME having "My Mommy"
This was a joy to color and make.  Yet another I had no plan, it just came together.  The final piece of air brushing over the entire colored image was last minute and I am so pleased with the result.

Here is a quick little step out tutorial.  You can apply this to almost any image you color :)


Here is the color palette...feel free to pin it :)





Comments

Blankina said…
I truly love your work!! This floral card is amazing. Bet you mum loved it,
Hugs Blankina
Gramma said…
You are blessed Rhea, but I am pretty sure your Mom feels the same way! Lovely, lovely card, and I am beyond grateful for the step by step!
Love & hugs,
Gramma
04/10/14@11BS
Unknown said…
Really , really great!
I love how you combine colors, and how you color...of course ;-)

Hugs,
sandra
ednamburgess said…
Beautiful card, great colors and loved the words to your Mom. You sound like a great daughter. Edna
colleen schaan said…
This is one of the most beautiful and creative coloring jobs I've ever seen. It's stunning! Thanks for the tutorial. :)
So stunning!!! thanks for sharing your tutorial!!!
What a gorgeous card. Love those flowers and how you colored them so perfectly. At first I thought it was a photo of some and did not realize you had colored them yourself. Amazingly lovely!
Laura Love said…
Wow! This is breathtaking!
Unknown said…
Rhea thank you so much for the tutorial. I absolutely love it and need these kinds of tutorials to take my coloring to a new level. Thanks again and your Mom sounds awesome,you are both so blessed to have each other!
Unknown said…
I love my birthday card . . . but love my daughter beyond beyond and keep going. She's so awesome; both as a daughter and an artist. I am a very lucky mom. I love you, BG, miss you and don't get to spend nearly enough time with you.
Unknown said…
I look at my birthday card every day and it's awesome. I'm one of the luckiest mom's ever! Love you, BG !!
Tammy Schenzel said…
This is gorgeous! Cherish every minute with your Mom. I had a Mom similar to the description of your Mom. She was my crafting buddy and my best friend... most of the time (:. She is gone now and a piece of me is forever missing. As soon as I finish any project, my first thought is, I can't wait to show my Mom. I think it will always be that way. It used to make me sad. Now I hope that I always have that thought pop into my head when I finish something. It's somehow comforting to me. Hey, maybe I can borrow your Mom for a little while. I'll give her back, I promise.