Floating Floral Fairy - Make It Crafty

Hi there...
If you are a fan of Make It Crafty you've probably seen the latest release.  There are all kinds of mythical fun images.  Last week I shared the little flower sprites. So this week I thought I would share the Flower Fairy.  


Ok...I have to admit.  This took me a while to finish.  I really enjoyed each step of this image because I did not have a plan or even color combos in mind.  

Once I finished coloring her green I decided it would be fun to add a little hint of tan to her skin tone. Then I decided to deepen the shadows with E43.  She needed texturing.  Perfect!  Now for the flower.  She is a flower fairy, and we know they don't exist so I decided turquoise flower.  No wait, blue...no turquoise.  I will just use both colors!!!  Yummy!!  It blended into the perfect color tones.  Now the shadows need tiny little dots..."that works"  Well it goes on and of course when she was finished I realized yet again.....the background needs air brushed.  Hahahaha....I always wait, then free hand it.

This piece is a 5x7 matted to 6x8 and ready for framing.

Here is the color palette :)






Comments