I wanted to share some of my favorite colors. I put them all together on a tag with a little of this and a little of that and a big butterfly from Penny Black. There are a few techniques I wanted to share....
- The background is spritzed with Copic refill inks. To make these I used a small spritz bottle filled with 70% Isopropyl Alcohol then added the Copic color. I used B39, V09 and G99. Once it was dry I used a piece of tapestry spritzed in 99% Isopropyl Alcohol and textured the background.
- With a finger dauber I then put a little VersaMark here and there on the background. Sprinkle a little Aged Ivory Embossing Powder and heat set.
- The flowers were made with Spellbinders Rose Creations dies from book pages. After die cutting I spritzed with the same copic spritz and let dry. I then sprayed with fabric stiff and dusted with crystal micro glitter. When they were dry I then put them together and shaped them into flowers.
- The leaves are made from May Arts Ribbon. Using double sided sookwang tape, peel back one side of tape place on card stock. Peel back other side and place ribbon making sure there are no air bubbles. Die cut and shape.
- The ribbon at the top of the tag is also from May Arts and has been heated to wrinkle. This helps give it the worn or vintage look. Be carful not to burn your ribbon.
Hope you enjoy the different techniques in todays design. Give some of them a try....they are loads of fun :)