It's Fast Finish Decoupage died with my choice of ink. Seriously AWESOME! I did it by accident and and went crazy from there, as you will see this week in my projects. So Here is what I did.
I used one of Stampendous clear jars. Pour a little Fast Finish Decoupage into it and add 1-2 drops of distress ink and apply just like normal.. The result is so amazing and fast! I have been a decoupaging fool!!!
In this project there were no glues used at all! The other thing I discovered is Fast Finish is perfect for adding your fragments.
Let's get started
- stamped and embossed R141 Clock Works onto regular copy paper.
- I did 3 of them.
- Tear around the edges
- ink the edges with brown this will help give definition once they are applied.
- With a paint brush lightly paint on the Fast Finish to your canvas board or canvas.
- Paint the Fast Finish on the back of the paper saturating it. and lay into place.
- Do not cover the front just yet.
- Do this on all pieces until you have your background covered.
- Note; with only 3 clock works stamped it will not be enough to cover the entire board so just tear regular paper and fill in the blank area.
- Now in a small container that has a tight fit lid (you can seal and re-use later) pour a little Fast Finish and add 1 drop of your favorite ink (use a dye ink).
- try it on a scrap piece of paper. If you want it darker add another drop of ink and test again.
- In this project I used Faded Jeans and Gathered Twig and Forrest Moss.
- Yes, I mixed 3 little containers.
- Paint one front area with your blue color and one area with your green and the other with brown.
- you can paint the areas based on how you laid out your design of the background.
- NOW YOU SEE WHY THIS IS SO COOL!
To add your elements and fragment; with the clear fast finish put a little puddle sprinkle the fragments dip brush in Fast Finish and touch to pile of fragments. Fast Finish is thin so when you touch it to the fragments it will spread fast and cover all of them. That's why you don't need glue :)
Thanks for visiting today! Don't forget, leave a little comment to let me know what you thought of todays project. Also, I would love to have you follow my blog!!! Hug, Rhea
Here are a list of Stampendous products used to make this project;
R141 Clock Works
CRP174 Steampunk Owl
RFM05 Bronzed Mica
FRC14 Hunter Color Fragments
FRC05 Taupe Color Fragments
FRG04 Gold Halo Mix