Watch The Birdie by Lili of the Valley



Happy Monday Friends.  Today I am working with Lili Of The Valley.  Here is Watch the Birdie, which is a new release for October.  There are 4 Yummy Vintage Boys that are just perfect for boys and men.

Today I've done #2 of the 4 Vintage Boys Images along with a complete step by step tutorial.



When I was all done with the 8 steps I peeled off the tape and outlined the colored image with a .7 multiliner.  Then I added another outline of interest with a .3 multiliner.  The with a Brust tip miltiliner I added the dots around the edges.  Placed my die frame and word lined in black and that is it. 

Here I masked off the section I wanted to color on the page.  


#2 I always color the skin first.  Just a habit.


#3 I placed blender marker from the top down to where I want the sky to stop.  Next from the line where the grass is I started with the B0000 and wide flicked up into the blender solution. Then added B00 not going as high and blended with B0000 and finished with feathering flicking with blender marker. 


#4 This is the order I used for the grass.  After I placed the BV23 I went over it with G24.  Where the sun would shine I went over the top with YG21.


#5 This is the order I used for the shirt and the tie and suspenders 


#6  I did use these colors from dark to light.  I find it easier to get my shadows placed first then blend from there. 


#7  The Camera I wanted to be as vintage as possible.  I used woods and non-shinny metal.  To get the non-shinny metal I just lay down a coat of T1 all over then T5 in the shadow areas and T3 on top and extend.  Then I place a little T3 here and there on the metal plate the T1 is all over until completely blended. 


#8 The final step just add a little Oxide around the edges of the sky area and be very light-handed. 


Thanks for stopping by and until next time...keep creating!



Comments

Bunny said…
I love the LOTV images. This is really cute. Lovely coloring. [Bunny]`
Carmen said…
Adorable card and I love the step-by-step instructions. Thank you for that :) Hugs :)