Friday, September 16, 2016

It's a Power Poppy Weekend!

Welcome to Passionate Paper Creations!

This is Nancy and I'm excited to be here today to show off my latest card featuring one of the digital stamp sets from Power Poppy. It's a Power Poppy weekend over at the Passionate Paper Creations & Friends Facebook Group. There will be plenty of fun and games as well as inspiration from the PPCF and Power Poppy design teams. Be sure you stop by and get in on the fun!

It's never too early to start making cards for the fall and winter holidays so I hope you find some holiday inspiration in my latest creation. Today I'm using the Let's Chill digital stamp set by Power Poppy and the Fancy Rectangles & Layers Die Set from Creative Basics.



Here's how I did it!

First, I printed the image on Copic X-Press Blending Card and then used the smaller fancy rectangle from the Fancy Rectangles & Layers Die Set to shape the card. I used Post-it Removable Labeling Tape to hold the die in place while cutting. 


While the card was still in the die, I added a simple border of dots and dashes in black with my Copic Multiliner Pen (0.3). 

Next, I removed the card from the die and used the chiseled tip of my Copic marker (R27) to color to the edge of the die cut so that it would stand out from the card base.

Then I got to work coloring the image with my Copic markers (see colors listed below). I started with the snowman since the lightest colors were concentrated there. I used a variety of pale blues and blue greens add shape and dimension to the snowman. I added a pale blue violet to deepen the shadows and provide additional contract. Afterwards, I colored the remainder of the snowman, being careful that the reds didn't bleed outside the lines since cleanup with the colorless blender is not always successful with such a saturated color.

Once the coloring was complete, I started putting the card layers together. I used foam squares on the back of the image die cut to elevate it from the card base and add some visual interest.


Here's what I used to create this card:

Paper: Neenah Solar White 110#; X-Press Blending Card by Copic;
Push + Pull from the Better Together Collection by American Crafts
Holly Jolly 12x12 paper pad by American Crafts
Stamps: Let's Chill by Power Poppy
Dies: Fancy Rectangles & Layers Die Set by Creative Basics
Embellishments: Copic Multiliner SP (0.3)
Copics: B0000, B000, B00, BG10, BV00 (snow); Y32, Y38, R05 (carrot);
E43, E44 (branch); R27 (berries); C1, C4 (buttons) R05, R27, R46 (scarf & bird)

Thank you for visiting today and we'll see you over at
the Passionate Paper Creations & Friends Facebook Group.


1 comment:

Bunny said...

What a great die. This card is so cute. I was fortunate to get this image when they offered it at such a great price.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...