Father's Day Altered Shadow Box

Hello,

Today is Father's Day! I hate it that I am 2,000 miles away from my Daddy.  Yes,  I am a middle aged Daddy's Girl, and I am proud of it.  I wanted to do something that was different than a card.  I couldn't figure out how to alter a tie so I did a vintage shadow box.  Besides,  I doubt he would wear a tie with all this stuff attached.
It's not hard and only takes 1-2 hours.

Here are the supplies you will need:
The Stampendous stamps I used for this project:
Spritz papers with copics!!!  It's fun and dries fast :)
  • Mix 70% Isoprophyl Alcohol with 15 drops of copic ink into a .25 oz spritz bottle.
  • Add more ink if you want more color and less ink if you want less color.
  • The color will lighted as it dries
Stamp images as shown.  Also tear apart light weight card board for texture and spritz.  Also stamp letters to spell out love and dad.  Here is a close up of placement for the letters, the post card and the world map.  You can also see Where I placed the burlap and ribbons for this section of the box.  (In the below picture)

Stamp and emboss the CRW087 Navigateur with both EP231 Lapis  and DP102 Detailed Gold Embossing Powder sprinkling more of the Lapis over sections of the image than the detailed gold.  Stamp the World Map on the main tag, as well as, the postage stamps from SSC1166 Air Travel Perfectly Clear.  Tie ribbon.  

I hope you found some inspiration for Father's Day!  Especially if he has everything because I guarantee he won't have this :) 

Comments