Today is Father's Day! I hate it that I am 2,000 miles away from my Daddy. Yes, I am a middle aged Daddy's Girl, and I am proud of it. I wanted to do something that was different than a card. I couldn't figure out how to alter a tie so I did a vintage shadow box. Besides, I doubt he would wear a tie with all this stuff attached.
It's not hard and only takes 1-2 hours.
- Instant coffee with a spray bottle with water mixed with instant coffee.
- DP102 Detailed Gold Embossing Powder
- EP231 Lapis Embossing Powder
- Copic refills in E59 and B39 with small spritz bottles.
- Round tags with metal trim
- Archival inks in Sepia or coffee and Cobalt Blue
- Distress ink in Brown for inking edges
- May Arts Ribbon - is my preferred ribbon
- twine - neutral
- light blue organza with satin edging
- brown organza with satin edging
- cream organza
- light canvas with black stripe
The Stampendous stamps I used for this project:
- R163 Old World Map
- SSC1166 Air Travel Perfectly Clear
- CRW087 Navigateur
- P143 Carte Postale
- **NOTE the above gears stamp has been retired...Substitute SSC1143 Steampunk Gears
Spritz papers with copics!!! It's fun and dries fast :)
- Mix 70% Isoprophyl Alcohol with 15 drops of copic ink into a .25 oz spritz bottle.
- Add more ink if you want more color and less ink if you want less color.
- The color will lighted as it dries
Stamp images as shown. Also tear apart light weight card board for texture and spritz. Also stamp letters to spell out love and dad. Here is a close up of placement for the letters, the post card and the world map. You can also see Where I placed the burlap and ribbons for this section of the box. (In the below picture)
Stamp and emboss the CRW087 Navigateur with both EP231 Lapis and DP102 Detailed Gold Embossing Powder sprinkling more of the Lapis over sections of the image than the detailed gold. Stamp the World Map on the main tag, as well as, the postage stamps from SSC1166 Air Travel Perfectly Clear. Tie ribbon.
I hope you found some inspiration for Father's Day! Especially if he has everything because I guarantee he won't have this :)