Make Art Canvas - Stampendous Tutorial


Hello, 
Today I am sharing one of my favorite new releases from Stampendous.  I chose to design Artist Elements  on a 5x5 canvas.  This little canvas has everything on it but the kitchen sink.   Layers of tinted Fast Finish, Layers of card stock and bunches of aged embossing powders as well as, Fran-tage elements!!!


Yes, it includes one of my favorite things, tinting Fast Finish Decoupage.  Fast Finish is a thin and fast drying decoupage by Beacon.  Tinting it is easy.  In a small container pour a little Fast Finish.  Put a few drops of dye in.  The more ink the darker the decoupage.

For this project we are going to use.  Dusty Concord, Peeled Paint, Fired Brick and Faded Jeans.


Apply clear Fast Finish to the canvas and the back side of the paper to apply to canvas.


Only use the tinted Fast Finish on the top of the paper.  Tear paper and do a quilted sections covering the canvas.
Stamp the image with Memento Ink
Dry brush color on the image with these Distress colors.  I like to use chalking applicators from JoAnn's 
Before we start embossing.  Need to cut apart the Make Art from the rest of the image.  Both this sentiment and brushes will need to be layered with matching card stock and attached to the canvas as shown.

Because we are working on a canvas using Boss Gloss and applying with a brush will work best.  Start by doing the edges with Aged Gold
With Aged Marine, Wine, Scarlet, Ochre, Hunter emboss little puddles leading up to and on the tips of the brushes.

Finally add all of the wonderful elements.  Apply Aleene's Paper Glaze and spread with finger or tip of bottle.  Sprinkle  white mica first.  Here are the elements used:
I hope you enjoyed this tutorial as much as I did making it.  Please leave me a little love note...I would love to hear what you think.  I would also love to have you as a new follower to my blog!  I have new tutorials every week with even more inspiration in-between.  Hugs - Rhea

Ok, Here is a shopping list for you....it's a big one.





Comments

Penny said…
Another stupendous mixed-media piece, Rhea! I love it! :^)
Hugs, Penny