Fast Finish Fall Hop - Butterfly Love



Hello!  Another exciting day with Stampendous and FAST FINISH DECOUPAGE by Beacon Adhesives. 

Today I'm focusing on pastels, butterflies and paper doilies.



This is a 5x7 board canvas.  Of course you can see all the fantastic elements and images from Stampendous.  Well, see the background color?  It's not colored paper.  It's not inked.  It's not painted.
It's Fast Finish Decoupage died with my choice of ink.  Seriously AWESOME!  I did it by accident and and went crazy from there, as you will see this week in my projects.  So Here is what I did.

I used one of Stampendous clear bottles.  I poured a little Fast Finish Decoupage into it and added 1-2 droops of distress ink and applied just like you normally would.  The result is so amazing and fast!  I have been a decoupaging fool!!!

In this project there were no glues used at all!  The other thing I discovered is Fast Finish is perfect for adding your fragments.  You can even use it to emboss...but be careful not to burn your project or catch fire to it.

Let's get started
----for details on adding color to Fast Finish visit Tuesday's Project
  • stamp CRP147 Butterfly Post onto regular copy paper.  
    • I did 6 of them. 
    • cut out only the butterflies
    • chalk with distress inks from the center out using colors of your choice. 
    • set these aside for later
  • Tear and layout your paper doilies.
    • With a paint brush lightly paint on the Fast Finish to your canvas board or canvas. 
    • start in the center for first doily.
      • cover the back with clear fast finish then "paint' the front with brown tinted fast finish
    • work around the edges just like you did with the center piece but "paint" with different tinted fast finish and use lots of layers with the doilies. 
    • Remember to "paint" each doily with a different color of tinted fast finish
  • Stamp R105 Dream Text on a piece of copy paper and cut out each definition 
  • Layout where you want your butterflies and apply clear Fast Finish.
    • remember to brush a little on the back and rub paper into place
    • then brush a little on the top covering the edges.
  • Choose which definitions you want to use and with clear Fast Finish attach to project
  • Now take a little FRG04 Gold Halo Mix and lightly sprinkle over entire project.  Blow or tap board to knock off the extra.
  • Time to emboss the edges!  Easy!!
    • brush a little Fast finish along the edge of the board 
    • apply Aged Wine Embossing Powder
    • heat slowly.  It will bubble if you heat to quickly.  Be very careful. 

Thanks for visiting today!  Don't forget, leave a little comment to let me know what you thought of todays project.  Also, I would love to have you follow my blog!!!  Hug, Rhea

Here are a list of Stampendous products used to make this project;

FRG04 Gold Halo Mix
CRP147 Butterfly Post
R105 Dream Text
 FRG04 Gold Halo Mix
 Aged Wine Embossing Powder

Comments

Penny said…
Gosh, Rhea, this is another fabulous project--just gorgeous! You are so talented! :^)
Hugs, Penny
Anonymous said…
Wow, your project is stunning. It is amazing what you did with the Fast Finish. I have never heard of the Fast Finish, but seeing what you girls did with it, I will put it on my shopping list. Beautiful work!!!

Margie F.
suzieq23 said…
Felinus and this butterfly creation are fantastic. I already have my list to purchase fash finish deco first thing in the am. Just love the effect it has on different elements and you are so creative I must use your inspiration for some art of my own. Thanks so much!
This is stunning! I love the tinted Fast Finish and your collage is amazing. (I loved Felinius, too.)
Sherry Butcher said…
Love butterflies and this is just wonderful TFS.
Oh Rhea! Your canvas is stunning! Thanks for the instructions, love all the 'happy accidents' :)
Suzanne C said…
Beautiful colors and collage! Love those butterflies.
Iris said…
Very pretty. Iris
Kailash said…
Love the pops of beautiful color, so clever that the fast finish was died with ink, stunning effect!!!
Unknown said…
Love this creation. You've outdone yourself, as usual, with your coloring techniques. Such inspiration. Right now I'm off to my crafting area and tomorrow off to find Fast Finish. Can't wait to try it....and your ideas!
Sue D said…
so pretty with the butterflies and doilies!
Barb Turpin said…
I love how you used the Dream Text, and thanks for sharing mixing the color in with the Fast Finish...gorgeous projects!
Katie said…
Really cool project! Love the colors in your art piece and the fragments around the edges. Thanks for sharing.

Katie B.
craftymom205 said…
Great project.

craftymom205 at yahoo dot com
Just love the way you've used this product! Attaching the texture and coloring it subtly have made a whole new possibility out of Decoupage! Thanks for playing, Rhea!!