Hello! Another exciting day with Stampendous and FAST FINISH DECOUPAGE by Beacon Adhesives.
Today I'm focusing on pastels, butterflies and paper doilies.
This is a 5x7 board canvas. Of course you can see all the fantastic elements and images from Stampendous. Well, see the background color? It's not colored paper. It's not inked. It's not painted.
It's Fast Finish Decoupage died with my choice of ink. Seriously AWESOME! I did it by accident and and went crazy from there, as you will see this week in my projects. So Here is what I did.
I used one of Stampendous clear bottles. I poured a little Fast Finish Decoupage into it and added 1-2 droops of distress ink and applied just like you normally would. The result is so amazing and fast! I have been a decoupaging fool!!!
In this project there were no glues used at all! The other thing I discovered is Fast Finish is perfect for adding your fragments. You can even use it to emboss...but be careful not to burn your project or catch fire to it.
Let's get started
----for details on adding color to Fast Finish visit Tuesday's Project
- stamp CRP147 Butterfly Post onto regular copy paper.
- I did 6 of them.
- cut out only the butterflies
- chalk with distress inks from the center out using colors of your choice.
- set these aside for later
- Tear and layout your paper doilies.
- With a paint brush lightly paint on the Fast Finish to your canvas board or canvas.
- start in the center for first doily.
- cover the back with clear fast finish then "paint' the front with brown tinted fast finish
- work around the edges just like you did with the center piece but "paint" with different tinted fast finish and use lots of layers with the doilies.
- Remember to "paint" each doily with a different color of tinted fast finish
- Stamp R105 Dream Text on a piece of copy paper and cut out each definition
- Layout where you want your butterflies and apply clear Fast Finish.
- remember to brush a little on the back and rub paper into place
- then brush a little on the top covering the edges.
- Choose which definitions you want to use and with clear Fast Finish attach to project
- Now take a little FRG04 Gold Halo Mix and lightly sprinkle over entire project. Blow or tap board to knock off the extra.
- Time to emboss the edges! Easy!!
- brush a little Fast finish along the edge of the board
- apply Aged Wine Embossing Powder
- heat slowly. It will bubble if you heat to quickly. Be very careful.
Thanks for visiting today! Don't forget, leave a little comment to let me know what you thought of todays project. Also, I would love to have you follow my blog!!! Hug, Rhea
Here are a list of Stampendous products used to make this project;
FRG04 Gold Halo Mix
CRP147 Butterfly Post
R105 Dream Text
FRG04 Gold Halo Mix
Aged Wine Embossing Powder