October 2012 Release Week is here!!!!!
The new catalog is out and it is FAB! Everything from Vintage Circus to really BIG Butterflies and everything in-between including Toads. Who thought toads could be adorable? Well, put a tutu on a little toad and she is as sweet as can be. So sweet in fact, I've created two designs this week with Tutu Toad.
Today I'm sharing Tutu Toad and her two BFF's performing in a garden.
and here is the inside.....
- Base and dome are from Hobby Lobby
- Let's start with the base
- floral foam and cover with moss
- mix your favorite flower soft colors together with shaved ice and a lot of glue
- take a sheer ribbon and wrap the edges and secure with straight pens
- the little flowers are also from Hobby Lobby
- the little wired beads are from the bridal section of Hobby Lobby
- Now for Tutu and her friends. I stamped and embossed with Pirate Gold and chalked them with distress inks
- peeled paint
- crushed olive
- seedless preserves
- worn lipstick
- broken china
- when done coloring layer and glue them to another piece of cardstock placing a floral wire up the center. when dry cut out.
- Now for the dome...hmmm
- I used the new Spellbinders Lattice die for the backdrop
- from Hobby Lobby I have a vine that has little twigs of green on it
- I attached them to the background with glue and wire allowing them to go above the top. when you put them in the dome they will curve to create a canopy.
- from the twigs I attached a few beads and again added more of the flower soft mix from the base with the same flowers from the base
Well, that is the basics. It's a matter of adding your own flair :)
Check Back on Saturday I will be sharing Tutu and Sir Toad in an altered book. I can't wait to share this project...is it Saturday yet?
Thank you for visiting and as always I love to hear your comments and I jump up and down when you follow me. Hugs, Rhea
Now time to Shop!
Glass Dome with Base
See who else is playing along today!!!!
PLUS Kristine Reynolds who got left off yesterday but has a great project!!
And, of course, we welcome you to flip through our newest catalog by clicking on the cover below. You can also print or download a pdf of it to your computer.