Core'dinations with Stampendous! Saint Nick


Time to do a little blog hopping with Stampendous!  I am so glad you are here that I am going to be giving away a little blog candy!!!  The details are at the end of my post :)

With today's blog hop I'm bring to you a little Vintage Christmas with one of my favorites from Stampendous, CRR128 Saint Nick with Core'dinations Tim Holtz Collection

First, let's start with good old Saint Nick.  Stamp and emboss with Clear Bark.  I colored the image using Tim Holtz distress inks..hence, why I used this collection from Core'dinations :).  So many color with the distress inks using water to create was water color effect.  I use Inkssentilas Craft Nibs by Ranger and Chalk Applicators or eye shadow applicators.

It takes a lot of practice and like with anything else...you can always add more but you can't take it away, so start with very little ink on the applicator and build your color and add more to shade.  I like using black soot and pumice stone to help with the shadows. 

I've used Spellbinders M-Bossabilities Bricks and Bark with the Core'dination paper.  After sanding and distressing the edges I used my inking tool with Walnut Stain to add shadows to the brick. Then cut a small piece of green paper and distress the edges but don't ink.  I wanted to have the lighter edges of this showing.

I then embossed my KaiserKraft background Paper with Elegant Borders using my new favorite embossing powder Moonstone also the right edge of the green core'dinations paper.

Add a little of this, a little of that and glue it down with Zip Dry from Beacon.  Now for the important final step.  Glossy Accents, I put this over Saint Nick.  1. It gives him dimension and gloss  2.  The moisture from the gloss deepens and smooths out the lines from chalking the inks....shhh, don't tell anyone, it's our little secret.

Now it time to learn how you could win...
Core'dinations Paper
10 4.25"x5.5" Core Courture
10 4.25"x 5.5" Tim Holtz (Kraft-Core & Distress)
Stampendous Perfectly Clear Vintage Crowns


....I will be selecting one of my followers at random to be a winner!  It's that easy :)  So, if you want to win become a follower of my blog...email following doesn't count, sorry I can't track that.  
Just to let you know...I will follow your blog too :).  Thanks for stopping by and good luck.

Hugs, Rhea

Time to Shop!!!
Core'Dinations Paper - JoAnn's
Tulle -Hobby Lobby
Inkadinkadoo chalk applicators - JoAnn's

Keep Hopping Today Too!!!

Comments

Am a follower! Your card is gorgeous and love the stamp you used! Have to get all these products bc I love how it came out! A piece of art work!!!'
www.beverlyjordan.blogspot.com
Tenia Nelson said…
Wow lady......this is all types of gorgeous!!!! Holy cow!!
craftymom205 said…
Great project. Love the embossed brick wall.

craftymom205 at yahoo dot com
Suzanne C said…
Gorgeous! Love the rich tones you created on the Vintage Santa and the design is beautiful!
Nancee said…
Wow! Love the way the santa looks.
Sue D said…
Gorgeous vintage card. Love the embossed brick background and your glossy accents tip.
I am a follower.
slrdowney at hotmail dot com
Iris said…
Love the vintage Santa. Iris
Miriam Prantner said…
Great combination of elements! Love all the texture and layering, that brick piece is very cool.
what a drop dead gorgeous vintage card!
What a terrific job, Rhea! This is the most fabulous project. Just love all the elements and how they come together on this amazing card! Just terrific. Thanks for playing with our hop. (and the link worked perfectly)
Carol said…
Gorgeous holiday project! Thanks for the inspiration!

Carol B
ciaoitalia2007(at)gmail(dot)com
Karenladd said…
Another fabulous project! This is so wonderful with all the little details. Love how you used that bit of brick patterned paper to suggest a chimney, and that straw filler for texture! Really love your style and am following with GFC now as well as email. Thanks for your giveaway and for the inspiration!
Sue VanDeVusse said…
Your coloring on St. Nick is amazing, I really thought it was a vintage print that you used until I read your post. Your composition is beautiful. Love your blog and am now following.
Barbara said…
This is such a unique card. I love all the details like the brick paper and using the glossy accents on the santa image. Thank's for putting us in the know with the how-to info!
Sherry Butcher said…
Such details, Love the vintage look and the how-tos. TFS
Your projects are always amazing and this is no exception! I love all the texture and the little details. So glad to be hopping with you!
Carmen O. said…
What a gorgeous creation! I love the vintage look. This definitely inspires me.
Barb Turpin said…
I love vintage, and you do it so well! The brick embossing is perfect and your St. Nick image is gorgeous!
wendyp said…
Gorgeous!!! LOVING that Distress ink coloring of St Nick!
Denise Bryant said…
Gorgeous Santa card! Love all that texture!
I'm a new follower!
DeniseB
SHartl said…
This is amazing! I didn't even think it was a stamp at first...looks so authentic and vintage! What a beautiful card!
I'm a new follower!
Lea said…
Wowzers! So many cool elements and textures! When I first saw your brick wall, I thought you had already started playing with your Wee Scapes! LOL! Great combination of papers and fun trinkets!
Anonymous said…
Beautiful card with such detail and the coloring technique you use is easier than most I've tried to use - great idea. All the texturing and details are amazing, as usual. LaVerne
Wow!! Gorgeous details and layers Rhea! LOVE it!
lynda said…
Your card is fabulous! The shading & painting looks so good!
lynda said…
I became a follower - not just because I want to win your giveaway but because I like your work so much!
I thought I commented on this yesterday, but no matter, I still adore it! What a fantastic creation and your bricks are the perfect accent for Santa! Thanks so much for being a part of our Blog Hop!
Penny said…
Another beautiful vintage piece, Rhea! Love the techniques you use to create such a cool card. You always use such cool trinkets, too! :^)
Hugs, Penny