Butterfly Post




Hi there, Rhea here will an unexpected little something :)

What do you get When you use your favorite Stampendous image, a little glitter and DRY WALL TAPE???


Yes, I used Drywall Tape to add texture  for the background in this design.

But, I will get there in bit.  First let's start with the image.  Here I used CRP147 Butterfly Post.  Just think what you could do with some of the other images!  Like, CRR128 Saint Nick , CRP174 Steampunk Owl, CRP126 Bird Frame , or CRS5042 Cling Jumbo Snow.

Using Glossy paper ink with distress inks, I used dusty concord and victorian velvet.  When completely dry stamp and emboss your image with Detail Silver.

Now for the Drywall Tape....this isn't a very sticky tape so I cut my sizes and layed them on my craft mat.  Then colored with alcohol inks, here is eggplant.  Now using double sided tape, I use Sookwang Sheet and cut to the same measurements as the drywall tape.  Peel off one side of the sized tape and attach to white card stock.  Now peel the top side of the Sookwang and attach your drywall tape.  Then cover with ultra fine glitter brushing off the excess and attach to your card front with your finished image.


On the inside of this card I used the sentiment M129-R Thank Heaven using nesting die cuts for the shapes.  cover the edges of background with ultra fine glitter.  For this one I used my tape runner to only do the exposed edges.  Finally I punched out a butterfly with some of the left over drywall tape.



Have fun with Drywall tape :)  Try to leave some at the hardware store for the construction workers...LOL

Enjoy,
Rhea



Comments

Penny said…
Gosh, Rhea, what a fantastic idea! Love that drywall tape for a background! Thank you! :^)
Hugs,
Penny