Pages

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Embossing Resist



Hi, Rhea here to help kick start the next Stampendous Challenge!!!!  Can you believe summer is over and it is September?  This month we are doing....

Embossing Tricks & Techniques

I'm so excited about this month because almost every project I do has embossing in it somewhere.

To get you started, I am bringing back my first project posted by Stampendous.  This little Songbird tag received so many love notes :)  and it's perfect for this month!  The technique used is "Embossing Resist".  It is fast and easy which makes it even better.

So, here we go with an anchor performance of Songbird.....

If you know me, you know I love TAGS!  Tags are great for perfecting your techniques.  I keep all of mine together on big rings.  When I need inspiration I turn to my rings of tags.  When I need a quick card, I've been known to grab a tag and the hard work is done :)  

I  love the Jumbo Cling Stamps from Stampendous.  Each is unique and bold with a lot of detail.
Here, I've used Songbird and the swirl from Jumbo Tulip.


1.  Start by stamping and embossing Songbird with Deep Impression Chunky Clear and Detail Impression Clear powders on super smooth white card stock. 

For the coloring I used distress inks with ink blending tool.  For this project I used 2 colors for the background and 1 color for the bird.

2.  Work your lightest background color first all over your paper. 

3.  Stamp and emboss the swirl...again, with chunky and fine clear powders. You will see the swirls are now the color of your background color.

4.  With your darker contrast color continue inking until the desired look is achieved.  

5.  Now that your inking is done, take a paper towel and lightly mist with water, wipe ink off of embossed areas.  

6. Once your design is completely dry finish by embossing the edges with 2 powders, vintage mahogany and aged gold.  

7.  Tie your ribbons and o-la-la all done...well, I thought I was until I decided to ad a little tag using crown charm stamp...perfect...now it's done. 

Here is another quick list of what I used...
You can now find all of these products at:
7 Kids College Fund

As usual, your creations submitted for our challenge don't have to use Stampendous images, but if they do, they'll count as two entries. You need to have your submissions linked to our linky tool below by 11:59pm PDT on October 4th. You may enter as many times as you like. Our prizes this month are, not surprisingly, some of our Exclusive Fran•táge Embossing Enamels. How about our newest colors??! We'll choose three winners to receive some super hot Essentials. 

 

2 comments:

Penny said...

Another beautiful tag, Rhea! You always use such wonderful techniques! And thank you for the tutorial! :^)
Hugs,
Penny

Tenia Nelson said...

Gorgeous!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...