Stampendous Songbird


My first Stampendous Project for the Blog Star Team!  How exciting this is...I hope I can exceed the expectations :)

If you know me, you know I love TAGS!  Tags are great for perfecting your techniques.  I keep all of mine together on big rings.  When I need inspiration I turn to my rings of tags.  When I need a quick card, I've been known to grab a tag and the hard work of the card is done :)  So with my love of tags I chose to make a tag for Stampendous. 

I  love the Jumbo Stamps from Stampendous.  Each is unique and bold with a lot of detail.
Here, I've used Songbird and the swirl from Jumbo Tulip.

First I started by stamping and embossing Songbird with chunky and detail clear powders on super smooth white card stock.  I then worked my lightest background colors (distressed inks). Now, stamp and emboss the swirl...again, with chunky and fine clear powders.  Continue inking until the desired look is achieved.  Now that your inking is done, take a paper towel and lightly mist with water, wipe ink off of embossed areas.  This is why I used distressed inks.  Finish with embossing the edges with 2 powders, vintage mahogany and aged gold.  Tie your ribbons and o-la-la all done...well, I thought I was until I decided to ad a little tag using crown charm stamp...perfect...now it's done. 


I hope you found a little inspiration from this project!

Here is another quick list of what I used


Comments

Tenia Nelson said…
So so cool and congrats dearie....you will LOVE this awesome company and the team!!
Penny said…
Beautiful, Rhea!
Hugs,
Penny
Susie Moore said…
What a great tag! And welcome to the team.
Lynn Mercurio said…
A truly stunning tag. Rich colors and beautiful embellishments.
Wooow, STUNNING tag Rhea! Love the soft vintage feel and the colours are gorgeous! Hugs, Asia
Unknown said…
I LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS STAMP!!' I also loved the way you embossed the tag before inking
This is so pretty, Rhea! Just love what you've done. Hope we're not confusing you too much! Stick with us...it will all become clear!
Rhea, this is fantastic! The colors and embossing on your tag are incredible. I am so happy to meet you and glad you are a part of our team!